Friday, December 5, 2014

TO THAT MAN WHOSE WIFE IS PREGNANT;BE A GOOD CHEF AND WAITER ,A PROACTIVE HOUSEKEEPER

To all men who ARE excited to the news that their love of their life has missed a period and a doctor says SO.When this was said to me when Hendrina and I were expecting Amina Nadia aka Nanana our first born it was easy she used to wakeup up early and nothing really changed.Very hardworking girl,kept her head high and I wondered if the doctor was right on this one.

All changed on our second pregnancy.The coming of Raiff Mzati aka BIGBIGBOY was strange. Nagging and swearing on absolutely trivialities. Then she became a glutton I have never seen.The elders were warning us that it was a boy coming. I  drank to that statement not because I wanted a boychild than a girl  ah ayi,the fact was now I was to raise kids of two types of gender in one house.I had no experience yet I was very ready to sing lullabys probably in that different tone indeed ;bass(It is thought that tone is masculine)

Over the past five years I was a self styled expert in girlchild issues including the fashion. Looking at Nadia Amina herself she was uinquistive to know why her moms womb was getting bigger that usual. She could stand after a dinner and throw some nasty jokes on her moms protruding belly,”after eating am gonna be like mommy!”.To put this nosense to a stop I hand to do what most African men cannot do.I told her that mommy is carrying another baby.She was excited and was helpful indeed.Instead of climbing mommy on the lap she was so careful incase she can hurt the baby inside.It was so beautiful to see the bond she had with her mommy.We were all expecting.She understood why new little clothes were among the monthly incidentals and grossaries.Instead of clothing Lollipop(a big teddybear she plays with ) we saw them being fold neatly and put on the babycot.

To all men I say;be patient enough to toleralate loads of nosense because this time around she s not alone.I laughed one night I was sent to make a good tea with lots of milk.I through my apron over my shoulders but by the time I balanced my tray to the bedroom to wakeup mayi nkulu she was already waving me back , signaling that the crave for tea is history.This time something new was on demand from this out of blue menu we had.”Go and get apaw-paw!”,she said…….with a cup of cold water……and  some bread …..a thousand items were mentioned to me and  I looked at myself with only two hands and walking on very tired legs.

All I am  saying is you should be patient like a waiter and knowledgeable of food on demand.It can not be many but  from the first trimester you memorise the regular items being asked for, this prepares you not to firefight.Patience,patience,patience and only patience in this nine months
Iam a proud father and hubby for now as we raise the two beautiful people of our life.Life is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment