Sunday, December 30, 2012

FOOD AND DRINK :CAN HAVE YOU HOSPITALISED TOO-TO MY BEST PEOPLE IN 2012


In our life and this stressful hospitality industry where there is plenty of food and drink.Where what is deemed litter is food,you are carried away and stop watching what you eat or drink in the process because the abandance of it clouds the mind to judge goodlife from healthy life.









There are people who give us the reason to go on despite all the tantrams that are thrown at us in the line of duty.We go home and sleep on their lap after a good shower and they insist we are workaholics for areason.These are the people that i want to single out in this post at the end of the year.

To the woman who brought to me the magic of  rediscovering the loudest laughter ever,joy,peace and above all LOVE in our innerself.She has taught me that one can give up a job because love must win.She has proved that lies can be cooked but cant be preserved because they have the weakest elements in them to survive the test of time.May be iam giving a heavy text in this post than any other before.This deserves that weight,density because they have shaped the solidity of my patience.

To my wife:hendrina who was once a waiter(a well experienced one) and gave me a beautiful daughter who is a factory of our joy.She tells me my love for blogging has grown from a hobby to another something she didnt know,something that might be a career on its own.To my daughter she cringes away each time  i keep jabbing in my keyboard yet dinner is being served.........'daddy its mommas dinner time"........

  • This year that ends tommorrow by midnight its her year because without her by myside when my health nosedived and lost all the courage to undergo my prescribed ''regular excersise".To watch my diet and stick to what she prepared under a close reference to doctors advise all changed in a month. Eat,eat babe she softly said to me.
  • To my mother whom i cried on her lap too as a her small child that i was unwell and she said as long as she is alive she will help me get better,that made me stop crying.
  • To my father who will always standout as my biggest pillar(i have no words to praise him)
  • To my brother Elijah,he called my line like telephone operator.
  • To my boss Thandi,she always called and in response to my hoarse voice a day was added for bed rest.
I have realised that working in this industry where food is the material we work with we tend to forget that food too can kill. We therefore need to be careful in the choice of the food we eat.













This poem goes to my strong woman.Reminiscing the times i spotted her as the one.

WAITRESS ON TABLE    H

in green she lowers to me,
wait
serve me the open chambo garnished by your killer grin
desert?,Never, your number will do
this tall debris built my fault
spillages printed all over,poor me!
cruets yawn void,dont mind
trust no calculator,keep change
may need room service at four,bring crockerly empty though
be my take away for now and ever
am waiting
waiter!
for our outside catering



No comments:

Post a Comment